10 Easy Non-Candy Valentine Ideas for Kids
The tradition of handing out Valentines at school is almost every child’s favorite time of the year. My daughters have already been talking about what kind of Valentines they want to buy — and it’s not even February! Even though conversation hearts and chocolates are kid favorites for Valentine’s Day, many classrooms no longer allow candy or food items. My daughters’ schools have a strict no food policy for all class events — even Valentine’s Day! We came up with some great ideas that lots of kids will like!
10 fun Non-Candy Valentine Ideas for Kids
- Scratch Off Joke Cards
- Sticky Hands
- Unicorn Pencils — You’re the WRITE friend for me.
- Silly Drinking Straws
- Stress Slinky
- Valentine’s Ducks
- Mochi Squishies
- Glow-in-the-Dark Wall Stars (remember these??!)
If you choose to purchase an item in bulk (like Play-Doh) that doesn’t come with Valentine’s Cards — buy these inexpensive 1.5″ round stickers. Your child can stick it to the Valentine and sign your child’s name in marker!
More Non-Candy Valentine Ideas for Kids
I asked YOU on social media to share some of your favorite non-candy Valentines and here is what you said:
- Chapstick/Lip Balm — You are the Balm!
- Hair Scrunchies — Love is in the Hair
- Festive Socks — You Knock My Socks Off
- Food Erasers — You are the APPLE of my eye!
- Homemade Friendship Bracelets — Class would KNOT be the same without you.
- Bounce Balls — You make my heart bounce!
- Glow sticks — You light up my life!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of my links, I may make a small commission. Thank you for your support on CHB!
8 Healthy Kids’ Valentines for School
If you’re child can pass out edible Valentines but you want to stay away from candy, here are 8 Healthy Kids’ Valentines:
- Tangerine “Cuties”
- Welch’s Berry Fruit Snacks — “I’m so BERRY happy we are friends”
- Mini Jam Jars — “You’re my JAM” — as seen here by My Fancy Lunch
- Mini Cereal Box — “I Cereal-sly hope you’ll be my Valentine”
- Goldfish — “O-fish-ally Valentine Buddies”
- Raisins — “There’s no raisin’ we can’t be Valentines”
- Applesauce Pouch — “You’re my main squeeze!“
- Any mini snack bag can be turned into a Valentine!
More Valentine’s Day Themed Posts from CHB:
- How to Decorate Your Home for Valentine’s Day
- How to Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Home (with your partner/kids/family)
- Valentine’s Day Menu Ideas
- Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas